Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Waterslide By Bridie

                                                                         Water Slide

After a while, it was my turn, I was feeling ill and had the butterflies. My hands were starting to sweat, meanwhile I wiped them on my shorts and 2 steps at a time I climbed up the rusty ladder. Eventually I coughed because I felt nervous. It was an amazing view, you could see the lake and the kayakers and there was the bush to the left. As I got to the top I sat on the slide “you may be fine or you may be not” said a loud booming voice in my head. I coughed again and whoosh...

Even though I screamed, no voice came out. “The lake water doesn’t taste so good I thought, I swam to the tire “wow!! the water isn’t actually that cold,” said a the voice in my head again. Rachel pulled up the tyre. Ella was standing behind the railing, I didn’t want to hurt my leg. But suddenly I gained the confidence and joined the line.
As I was climbing up the ladder I knew I could do it again I felt like I hadn’t done it before, although I knew I could do it this time again. All of a sudden I was sliding down the slide at full speed and splash...

I had fallen into the lake head first, I felt my head go forward and burst up into the air.I swam towards the tyre, I dodged the stick poking out of a bundle of slimy seaweed. Although the ride was nerve-racking it was still a great ride and I hope I go on the slide next year!!

By: Bridie

No comments:

Post a Comment