Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Raft Building By Amber

                                                                        Raft Building    

                                                         
On Wednesday, by the lake Olivia, Mia, Geneva, my self and Mia’s dad did raft building. I discovered everyone was excited. I ran down to the lake with my togs and rash top on and then I skidded to a halt. The raft building was about to start!                                                                                                                                                                                               
Before long every one was ready. We got tons of rope, 4 tyres, and a big block of wood with 3 holes on each side. Mean while we started to tie ropes around tyres and wood. Nerves, happiness, and excitement ran through my veins. We set  the sterdy wooden rafts out in the murkey blue - green lake. As soon as Mr. Skilton set out his kayak, the race begun! We had to race around two yellow petrol containers tied together in the middle of the lake.During the race we reached the containers first but the other team was wider so we lost. The race was fun but wet. Before long we finished the race and I was so tired. We     were pushing the raft back, in chin deep water I was so tired and so  were my legs, I collapsed on the raft.                                                                                                                                                                                                   
I had never done this activity before and  it is a once-in-a-life-time chance. Every one was stiff from kicking so we went and relaxed in our cabins until kayaking.       

No comments:

Post a Comment